Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chapter II: Should have listened to Tom Petty and trusted God

"...every day you see one more card; you take it on faith, you take it to the heart..."

If I'd have known that all I needed to do was post an outpouring of emotional googly mooggly on my blog for things to move forward, I'd o' did it weeks ago, fer cryin' out loud.

Every day you do see one more card. Shame on me for doubting The Dealer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't suck any less at balance or waiting -- I just have yet one more reminder that I don't get it, and that God placed me here primarily for his own amusement. Seriously, in high school, we put the fire hydrant in "Driz's" locker every morning for our entire senior year. That's what I must be like for God. Unsuspecting. A willing puppet for the show. Show up in the morning, open the locker door and, "Crap! It happened again..."

At least I feel better. It is all about me, right? Oh, wait. THAT's the problem. Now I get it. Sort of. Or not.

So, we take it on faith....ooooops, make that Faith, with an upper case "F"...and we take it to the heart -- the waiting is just part....and when we trust, that's the part with the payoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment